RMIT Music has moved to a new temporary location.
All rehearsals will now be held in the following room:
Building 12 Level 3 Room 97
For ROCS please see there facebook page for their rehearsal location. https://www.facebook.com/RMITOccasionalChoralSociety/
Updates to rehearsal schedule for the next 4 weeks.
Concert Band will be held on Wednesdays from 5:30pm to 6:45pm until the 4th of May.
Chamber Orchestra will rehearse on the following dates 11/4 21/4 28/4 2/5 from 6pm.
• Flute Ensemble: Monday 5:30pm – 6:30pm, begin 6th March
• Concert Band: Monday 6:30pm – 8pm, begin 6th March
• Stage Band: Wednesday 6:30pm – 8:30pm, begin 8th March
• ROCS: Thursday 5:30pm – 8:30pm, rehearsals started
• Recorder Ensemble: Friday 5pm – 5:45pm, 3rd March
• Chamber Orchestra: Friday 6pm – 8pm, 3rd March
Rehearsals are located in Building 13 Level 3 Room 7, corner of Russel and Victoria St next to the Old Melbourne Gaol.
Rehearsals have began again for the second half of the year.
Flute Ensemble Monday 5:30-6:30pm
Concert Band Monday 6:30pm-8pm
Stage Band Wednesday 6:30pm-8:30pm
ROCS (Choir) Thursday 5:30pm-8:30pm
Recorder Consort Friday 5pm-6pm
Chamber Orchestra Friday 6pm-8pm
Concert Band – No rehearsal
Flute Ensemble – Rehearsal at 5pm
Hello Members of RMIT Music,
I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and New Year break! Your 2016 committee would like to welcome all past, present and future musicians to join us in a new year for music at RMIT full of excitement and fun.
- Flute Ensemble: Monday 5:30pm – 6:30pm, rehearsals have started
- Concert Band: Monday 6:30pm – 8pm, begin 8th Feb
- MANGA: Tuesday 6pm – 8:30pm, begin 2nd Feb (audition choir)
- Stage Band: Wednesday 6:30pm – 8:30pm, begin 17th Feb
- ROCS: Thursday 5:30pm – 8:30pm, begin 21st Jan (non-audition choir)
- Recorder Ensemble: Friday 5pm – 5:45pm, rehearsals have started
- Chamber Orchestra: Friday 6pm – 8pm, begin 15th Jan
- Semester 1 Showcase Concert is on Friday 13th of May
- Semester 2 Showcase Concert in on Friday 30th of September
Keep those dates free for a night of fun.
Another major event this year is the Intervarsity Music Concerts which will be held Mid-year (in July most likely), the first of its kind in Australia.
This event will be collaboration between RMIT Music, Melbourne University Engineering Music Society, Monash Philharmonic Society and Latrobe University Society of Music.
There will be many joint rehearsal and social events to look forward to, so get hyped to be part of an event that will bring music from different universities together. More information will be provided at rehearsals.
Look forward to begin an exciting new year of music at RMIT.
President of RMIT Music (2016)
RMIT Music would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Rehearsals will return again in the new year.
Its a new semester and RMIT Music has started rehearsals with gusto and enthusiasm.
If you play an instrument feel free to attended the following groups that suits your instrument.
Flute Ensemble Monday 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Concert Band Monday 6:30pm – 8pm
Stage Band Wednesday 6:30pm – 8pm
ROCS Thursday 6:30pm – 8pm
Chamber Orchestra Friday 6pm – 8pm
All rehearsals are held in the Kaleide Theatre Precinct next to the Commonwealth Bank on Swanston St.
RMIT Music Concert
FREE Concert showcasing songs and music related to the theme of Dance. Come and enjoy a night filled with excitement and fun.
Date: 8th May
Venue: Kaleide Theatre, RMIT Building 8 (Next to the bank)
- RMIT Concert Band
- RMIT Chamber Orchestra
- RMIT Stage Band
- RMIT Flute Ensemble
Attention all musicians!!
The RMIT Chamber Orchestra will start rehearsals once again from the 6th of February.
Rehearsals start at 6:00pm each night, every Friday in Kaleide Theatre, under Building 8.
New members are always welcome who play Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass. However we are looking for violinist, violist and bassist at the moment, but cellist are still welcome.
Any and all wind musicians interested please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for availability based on repertoire instrumentation.